We are in the process of re-vamping our website. You may notice changes and discrepancies within the site; this is temporary. Thank you for your patience!
Connecting Women Who Mean Business!
Letter from the President
Dear NAWBO Houston Members,
As incoming President for the National Association of Women Business Owners, Greater Houston Chapter, I am extremely excited to continue the efforts of those who’ve gone before me. I’m even more excited about taking the chapter to new heights.
Our goal is to strengthen and build the businesses of the women in our membership. Together, our membership will positively impact those in our sphere of influence.
During my 2014-2015 term, I commit to working with our Board to serve the membership to the best of my ability. Our priorities include:
- Providing beneficial meeting programs that provide valuable information for use in your business,
- Developing the look, functionality and usefulness of NAWBO Houston’s website,
- Significantly growing the membership and streamlining membership processes,
- Increasing awareness of membership benefits offered both nationally and locally,
- Focusing on awareness of public policy issues impacting woman owned businesses,
- Encouraging chapter involvement through committee membership,
- Elevating public relations and social media activities for NAWBO Houston and its members,
- Attracting corporate sponsors that offer mutually beneficial relationships with members,
- Developing strategic alliances with other organizations that offer mutually beneficial relationships for our corresponding members,
- Offering more opportunities to publicize members and their products and services,
- Organizing more events to foster friendships and unite members to do business with other members, and
- Continuing our tradition of hosting Houston’s “Woman Business Owner of the Year” Gala and silent auction benefiting a charity chosen by NAWBO Houston’s President.
As you can see, there is much to accomplish, and this is going to be an exciting and productive year for all of us. Your involvement, ideas and feedback are encouraged and welcomed. Feel free to contact me at (832) 428-3700 or email@example.com. How about meeting for lunch or coffee? Thank you for your caring involvement in such a great organization. I look forward to serving you!
With much appreciation and prosperous wishes,
Kim K. Kelley
NAWBO Greater Houston Chapter
NAWBO Houston Monthly Lunch Event
11:00 – 11:30 Registration/Expo/Networking
11:30 – Announcements/Lunch
12:20 – Networking Program
12:45 – Closing
Maggiano’s Little Italy (2019 Post Oak Blvd., just north of Westheimer)
For more details, visit our Events Page
or Register here.
JOIN US for a special NAWBO luncheon on August 28. We will be hearing from Brandy Liss, CEO of The Arms Room, a woman and family owned business, who will be speaking to us on the topic of “Be Your Own Hero.” For more information about Brandy and her presentation, visit our Events Page.
Register and invite a fellow woman business owner or two, or three, or …. Members who bring a guest (or guests) will receive a gift.
Hope to see you there!
Please welcome the following new NAWBO Houston members:
Esteemed Divas Photography Studio
Riteco Supply Company, Inc.
Buks Tool Company, Inc.
Please connect with renewing NAWBO Houston members:
Wealth Design Group LLC
Barita & Keough Law Firm PLLC
Strouhal & Associates, LLC